- This event has passed.
SOWA Reframing Conflict – Methods Workshop
December 8 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
SOWA is hosting two weekend workshops in Spokane on Dec. 8, 2018. You can register for one, or for both!
Reframing Conflict, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
What role do you play in conflict situations with the youth in your program? Do you know how to turn a conflict situation into an opportunity for growth? This interactive workshop introduces participants to the High/Scope step-by-step model for reframing conflict as well as general principles of conflict resolution.
- Have the opportunity to explore the roles they play in conflict situations in their programs.
- Gain experience in Reframing Conflict using the High/Scope step-by-step model and the general principles for conflict resolution.
- Understand how reframing conflict can turn conflict situations into opportunities for growth.
Structure & Clear Limits, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
How do you prevent chaos in a youth environment without stifling youth’s positive energy? Youth need structure and clear limits in order to feel safe. This interactive workshop helps participants analyze the level of structure in their programs and practice identifying and maintaining clear limits.
- Understand how Structure and Clear Limits meet the developmental needs of youth.
- Have the opportunity to explore ways to improve their programs’ structure.
- Have the opportunity to establish limits for their programs.