Technical Assistance and Program Evaluation
MENTOR Washington helps programs start, maintain, and sustain quality youth mentoring by providing technical assistance, program evaluation, and support. Here are some ways we provide assistance:
- Development and revision of mentoring training materials
- Guidance and consultation on mentor recruitment plans and strategies
- Analysis of and recommendations for mentor screening processes
- Resources for match support processes
- New match closure practices
- In-depth evaluation planning and effective measures
- Demonstrations of mentoring program management software
To request technical assistance or program evaluation from MW or one of MW’s trusted consultants, contact Pamila Gant or follow the link below.
Mentoring Practices Survey
Mentor Washington’s annual Mentoring Practices Survey gathers information about the prevalence of mentoring in Washington and the level of implementation of the best practices for youth mentoring. Programs that complete the survey receive a confidential report of their responses and a copy of anonymous data tracking statewide responses. This means that programs are able to track change over time and compare their implementation to other programs. MW uses the results to direct our annual trainings and inform evaluation. Whether your organization is large or small, the survey is an excellent tool for you to utilize to track, monitor, and sustain quality mentoring.
“…[T]he survey is excellent. We’re implementing a first year mentoring program here in Monroe and the survey really reaffirmed the policies and procedures we have in place, and also highlighted a few closure practices that we need to get in writing right away … Thank you for all you do!”
– Joe Neigel, Prevention Services Coordinator, Monroe School District